With a strong base in taxation and business, our attorneys have handled everything from complex commercial litigation to securities. Our expertise includes the following:
- Complex Business Litigation
- Tax Planning and Tax Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Director and Officer Claims
- Derivative Actions
- Forming Alabama and Delaware corporations;
- Forming business entities;
- Advising regarding corporate and tax compliance; and
- Drafting business and commercial documents.
We've represented numerous entities, individuals and government entities in the resolution of tax and business issues, including:
- During a December 2001 Special Session of the Alabama Legislature, Gentle Turner & Sexton represented the Governor of Alabama and the State Finance and Revenue Departments in the successful drafting, lobbying and passage of a $160 million tax package to prevent education proration.
- In 1999, the Firm advised the State of Alabama's Senate in the drafting, passage and implementation of key legislation taxing businesses in the State in order to make up for a $120 million per annum shortfall created by the nullification of Alabama's corporate franchise tax as violative of Federal law.
- Representation of countless businesses with regard to tax planning.
- Represented business owners in action against national laboratory company and settled for significant amount.
- Represented bingo operator in bingo litigation.
- Represented individual and commercial entities in reaching resolution with the IRS.
- Formed countless business entities.