Mass Tort/Class Action Settlement Adminstration
To date, we have administered over $2.5 Billion in Settlements. Hired by attorneys and Courts, our firm has over twenty years of mass tort and class action settlement administration experience and acumen.
We are experts in this. A highly specialized area, and with seasoned attorneys, CPAs, and accountants, we actively handle all areas of mass tort/ class action settlement administration, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of a settlement agreement after serving as mediator and/or co-mediator with counsel and/or the Court in mass tort and class actions;
- Serving as Special Master;
- Providing legal advice to the Settlement;
- Consensus building with parties and development of a claimant payment matrix;
- Determination of claimant eligibility for benefits;
- Resolution of Medicare/Medicaid issues;
- Resolution of Private Health Insurance liens;
- Handling of all tax, financial and accounting aspects of the settlement fund;
- Working with third party vendors regarding settlement duties; and
- Reporting to the Court and the Parties.
In addition to many others, we have been appointed Special Master and/or Claims Administrator, and have administered and are administering the following mass tort/ class action settlements:
- $1.1 Billion Baxter, Bristol, and 3M Breast Implant Settlement, involving in excess of 200,000 individuals nationwide;
- $300 Million Anniston, Alabama PCB Settlement- Tolbert, et al., v. Monsanto involving 18,500 Plaintiffs;
- $140 Million Perrine v. DuPont medical monitoring and property remediation settlement in Harrison County, West Virginia;
- $27.5 Million Wayne v. Pharmacia PCB Settlement in Jefferson County, Alabama;
- Jefferson County, Alabama, $37 Million Occupation Tax Refund Settlement;
- Kentucky Train Derailment settlement in Sheperherdsville, Kentucky involving 4,000 claimants;
- Total Body MDL Settlement, MDL 1985 in the Northern District of Alabama; and the
- Conyers, Georgia Biolab Fire Settlement involving medical, personal injury, and property claims in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York City, NY.
- Blackwell, Oklahoma Zinc Smelter $140 Million Settlement